- BSc or MSc in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 15+ years of experience in design, develop and execute software/embedded software solutions to address business issues
- 10+ years of experience in leading engineering teams
- 5+ years of experience with GPU/CPU and optimization problems
- Extensive knowledge in C/C++
- Experience working on complex projects
- Intimate knowledge of the software lifecycle in a B2B context
- Ability to establish priorities and estimate deadlines
- Supportive attitude towards others and ability to influence them positively
- Image processing knowledge
- AI knowledge
- FPGA/ASIC experience
- Knowledge on Automotive Safety
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers as well as image processing and AI researchers who work collaboratively with our Technical Advisory Board members. Faurecia IRYStec builds a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. Recently we started building FPGA/ASIC solution of our product with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims at providing one new innovative proof of concept per year to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
The Senior Embedded Software Architect is a key role in our management team working closely with Research, Engineering and Customers. This role reports to the CEO.
Faurecia IRYStec Inc., a recent acquire by Faurecia, is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining that startup feel within a big company. The goal and focus are to revolutionize the display viewing experience in automotive displays, addressing the need for enhanced visibility, improved safety, reduced display panel cost, power saving and reduced heat with our leading perceptual display technologies. Our Vision is to improve Display User Experience using Perceptual Image Processing technology. We have a multi-disciplinary team of experts working closely with Academia and Industry. We work globally with 9 Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, McGill, Warwick and Rochester Institute of Technology.
About Faurecia: Faurecia is a French global automotive supplier headquartered in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris. In 2018, it was the 9th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in three automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. Faurecia’s revenue was north of 17 billion EUR in 2018.
What you will do:
- Define and implement software architecture for Faurecia IRYStec embedded software products
- Work with internal/external hardware engineers to make sure replicate hardware solutions meet software reference products
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies, and processes to ensure the highest quality product platform.
- Collaborate with peer organizations and customers to produce cutting-edge solutions
- Work closely with research team to promote new technologies to the Product
- Work as a member of the management team to contribute on the strategic goals and company objectives.
- Flex Vacation
- We implemented a flexible vacation policy a few years ago which means we do not have a fix number of weeks you can take for vacation. You take as much as you need making sure it does not affect deadlines with your managers approval.
- Generous Health Benefits
- Learning environment
- In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
- A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us on a regular basis.
- Trainings, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
- We put a lot of effort in having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
- You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!