- MSc or PhD in Computer Science or relative fields
- 6-10+ years of experience as a researcher in image processing
- Ability to research and develop image processing algorithms in C/C++, Matlab or Python (build Proof of Concept from scratch)
- Knowledge of HDR (high dynamic imaging), Camera calibration & Color calibration
- Understand and build the image processing algorithms by reading scientific papers
- Comfortable working on open-ended problems that require sustained effort to scope, define and solve
- Working directly with engineering team to deliver PoC into products in a timely and efficient manner
- AI/ML experience for image processing or computer vision problems
- Experience of image based ADAS (Advanced Assistance System)
- Experience of submitting (or designing) patents in image processing or computer vision
- Experience working with Automotive or Consumer Electronics platforms
- Experience using multiple sensors information (sensor Fusion)
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers as well as image processing and AI researchers who work collaboratively with our Technical Advisory Board members. Faurecia IRYStec builds a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. Recently we started building FPGA/ASIC solution of our product with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims at providing one new innovative proof of concept per year to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
The Senior Image Processing Researcher is a key role in our research team working closely with Engineering and TAB. This role reports to the Director of Research.
Faurecia IRYStec Inc., a recent acquisition by Faurecia, is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining that startup feel within a big company. The goal and focus are to revolutionize the display viewing experience in automotive displays, addressing the need for enhanced visibility, improved safety, reduced display panel cost, power saving and reduced heat with our leading perceptual display technologies. Our Vision is to improve Display User Experience using Perceptual Image Processing technology. We have a multi-disciplinary team of experts working closely with Academia and Industry. We work globally with 9 Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, McGill, Warwick and Rochester Institute of Technology.
About Faurecia: Faurecia is a French global automotive supplier headquartered in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris. In 2018, it was the 9th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in three automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. Faurecia’s revenue was north of 17 billion EUR in 2018.
What you will do:
- Closely work with internal technical sales team to understand industry problems
- Research the state of the art to scope and define innovative projects
- Closely work with Technical Advisory Board to keep connected to novel academic research
- Implement software Proof of Concepts (PoC) as a reference for engineering/product team
- Write technical and scientific papers
- Evaluate the product to make sure it matches original PoC
- Flex Vacation
- We implemented a flexible vacation policy a few years ago which means we do not have a fix number of weeks you can take for vacation. You take as much as you need making sure it does not affect deadlines with your managers approval.
- Generous Health Benefits
- Learning environment
- In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
- A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us on a regular basis.
- Trainings, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
- We put a lot of effort in having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
- You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!