- Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electric Engineering
- 7+ years of experience on real-time and optimized C++ application
- 5 years of experience working on embedded systems
- Git version control
- Extensive experience with embedded OSes and associated build tools such as AOSP, QNX, GHS, Yocto or buildroot
- Demonstrated experience with embedded system design and interfaces such as boot loaders and BSPs, hardware interfaces and interactions between low-level software and hardware blocks.
- Proficiency in a Linux environment
- Comfortable working in a start-up environment
- Able to handle concurrent projects and customers on deadlines
- Willing to support and train customers remotely and onsite
- Experienced with at least one Automotive HMI toolkit such as Qt, Kanzi, Altia, GL Studio, CGI studio
- Experience debugging hardware and software issues using a combination of software tools and lab equipment (logic analyzer, oscilloscope, etc…)
- Knowledge in Automotive Safety Standards: ASIL, ISO-26262
- Embedded Automotive systems technologies such as CAN, LIN
- JIRA, Confluence and any of our CI tools: Docker, Gitlab, Conan, Artifactory
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers as well as image processing and AI researchers who work collaboratively with our Technical Advisory Board members. Faurecia IRYStec builds a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. Recently we started building FPGA/ASIC solution of our product with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims at providing one new innovative proof of concept per year to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
The Senior Software Developer for Integration is the first hire of the new Integration and Services department, working closely with Engineering and Product teams. Her/His goal is to seamlessly integrate our software solutions to various combinations of target hardware and software, be it from existing customer targets, development projects or proof of concepts.
Faurecia IRYStec Inc., a recent acquisition by Faurecia, is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining that startup feel within a big company. The goal and focus are to revolutionize the display viewing experience in automotive displays, addressing the need for enhanced visibility, improved safety, reduced display panel cost, power saving and reduced heat with our leading perceptual display technologies. Our Vision is to improve Display User Experience using Perceptual Image Processing technology. We have a multi-disciplinary team of experts working closely with Academia and Industry. We work globally with 9 Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, McGill, Warwick and Rochester Institute of Technology.
About Faurecia: Faurecia is a French global automotive supplier headquartered in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris. In 2018, it was the 9th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in three automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. Faurecia’s revenue was north of 17 billion EUR in 2018.
What you will do:
- Support our global team of integration engineers and grow the team locally and in the supported regions
- Provide support to customers during joint development
- Deliver products to the customer while teaching our clients how to best make use of the features we provide
- Integrate our off-the-shelf products into variety of embedded systems
- When it is safe, travel to the customer sites and represent our company expertise in front of their developers
- Define, use, and maintain our global developer network documentation
- Verify our quality by trying the product yourself on new platforms and customers’ platforms
- Join the daily Engineering scrum to feedback and coordinate
- Participate in pull request reviews and implementation proposals to improve our software architecture
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on how we can extend or improve our technology and keep an eye on the latest technological trends
- Flex Vacation
- We implemented a flexible vacation policy a few years ago which means we do not have a fixed number of weeks you can take for vacation. You take as much as you need making sure it does not affect deadlines with your managers approval.
- Generous Health Benefits
- Learning environment
- In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
- A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us on a regular basis.
- Trainings, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
- We put a lot of effort in having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
- You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!