- Bachelor’s in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering or Electric Engineering
- C++ language proficiency
- 2 years’ experience working with embedded platforms
- Knowledge of embedded frameworks we use: AOSP, Yocto, QNX
- Knowledge in Automotive Safety Standards: ASIL, ISO-26262
- Atlassian tools: JIRA & Confluence
- Git version control
The Faurecia IRYStec team is composed of software & hardware engineers as well as image processing and AI researchers who work collaboratively with our Technical Advisory Board members. Faurecia IRYStec builds a software only product that is in production in a high-end German car maker since August 2020. Recently we started building FPGA/ASIC solution of our product with Faurecia’s support. Our team aims at providing one new innovative proof of concept per year to be demonstrated in well-known tradeshows such as CES (Consumer Electronics Show) and SID (Society for Information Display) Display Week.
The Software Integration Engineer works closely with Engineering and Product teams to seamlessly integrate our software solutions to various combinations of target hardware and software, be it from existing customer targets, development projects or proof of concepts.
Faurecia IRYStec Inc., a recent acquire by Faurecia, is a highly innovative technology company, maintaining that startup feel within a big company. The goal and focus are to revolutionize the display viewing experience in automotive displays, addressing the need for enhanced visibility, improved safety, reduced display panel cost, power saving and reduced heat with our leading perceptual display technologies. Our Vision is to improve Display User Experience using Perceptual Image Processing technology. We have a multi-disciplinary team of experts working closely with Academia and Industry. We work globally with 9 Technical Advisory Board members who are professors in well-known universities such as Cambridge, Oxford, McGill, Warwick and Rochester Institute of Technology.
About Faurecia: Faurecia is a French global automotive supplier headquartered in Nanterre, in the western suburbs of Paris. In 2018, it was the 9th largest international automotive parts manufacturer in the world and #1 for vehicle interiors and emission control technology. One in three automobiles is equipped by Faurecia. Faurecia’s revenue was north of 17 billion EUR in 2018.
What you will do:
- Join the daily Engineering scrum to feedback and coordinate
- Integrate our off-the-shelf products into variety of embedded systems
- Deliver products to the customer while teaching our clients how to best make use of the features we provide
- Provide support to customers during joint development
- When it is safe, travel to the customer sites and represent our company expertise in front of their developers
- Support our global team of integration engineers
- Define, use, and maintain our global developer network documentation
- Verify our quality by trying the product yourself on new platforms and customers’ platforms
- Participate in pull request reviews and implementation proposals to improve our software architecture
- Participate in brainstorming sessions on how we can extend or improve our technology and keep an eye on the latest technological trends
- Flex Vacation
- We implemented a flexible vacation policy a few years ago which means we do not have a fixed number of weeks you can take for vacation. You take as much as you need making sure it does not affect deadlines with your managers approval.
- Generous Health Benefits
- Learning environment
- In-house specialists in different fields that are ready to share their knowledge
- A Technical Advisory Board of world-renowned experts Professors from top universities like Cambridge and Oxford working with us on a regular basis.
- Trainings, conferences, books. We want you to grow with us.
- Diverse environment
- We put a lot of effort in having a diverse workplace: Gender, race, ethnicity.
- You can hear our Founder talk about the technology and diversity here (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goIs57t9dv4&t=88s)
- Fun environment. Basically: We just enjoy working together!